• Service- Service is the http://www.businessvalue.com (also http://businessvalue.com, https://businessvalue.com and https://www.businessvalue.com) website operated by Banister Financial, Inc. Banister Financial, Inc. is a business valuation (appraisal) services company and only provides such services related to companies headquartered in the United States.
• Personal Data- Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
• Usage Data- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
• Cookies- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
• Data Controller- Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed. Banister Financial, Inc. is the Data Controller for any personal information provided via our website.
• Data Processors (or Service Providers)- Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
• Data Subject (or User)- Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data. Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) In 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as approved by the EU, went into affect, regarding your personal information. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EU), you have certain data protection rights. Banister Financial, Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. We do not have a data protection officer in the EU. Any information that you provide to us will be stored in the United States, and we do not intend to transfer your personal data to another country or international organization.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
• The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data. We will provide you the information free of charge provided that it does not adversely affect the rights of others. We may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for additional copies. We do not have to delete your Personal Data when and to the extent it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
• The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
• The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
• The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
• The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Banister Financial, Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Information Collection and Use Obtained from Website Visits
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected Personal Data
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
• Email address • First name and last name • Company name • Phone number • Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City • Cookies and Usage Data
Usage Data We may also collect information regarding how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), your computer network name, your Internet service provider, browser type, browser version, operating system, operating system version, the pages of our Service that you visit and the order in which you visit them, the time spent on those pages, any downloads of items from our website, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookie Data
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and are called first party cookies. We also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting – for our advertising and marketing efforts. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
-Assisting you in navigation -Assisting in registration to our events, login, and your ability to provide feedback -Analyzing your use of our products, services or applications -Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioral advertising) For more information on your ability to opt out of certain cookies click on the Cookie Settings link at the bottom of this page. That page will also explain the types of cookies used by Banister.
At the bottom of this page is a detailed list of the cookies we use on our Website. Our Website is scanned regularly with a cookie scanning tool to maintain a list as accurate as possible.
Use of Data
Banister Financial, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes including: • To provide and maintain our Service • To notify you about changes to our Service • To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so • To provide information you might request from us about products or services • To provide quotations to you for the possible cost of our products and services should you be interested in possibly contracting with us • To enable us to provide you products and services that you contract with us to provide • To provide customer support • To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service • To monitor the usage of our Service • To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
Banister Financial, Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
If you notify or request that we stop providing you marketing materials, we may continue to keep documentation so we can comply with your request. Transfer of Data Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to -and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those of your jurisdiction.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
"Do Not Track" Signals
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Identifying Your Data That We Hold If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. We do not have a data protection officer in the European Union (EU). Any information that you provide to us will be stored in the United States and in accordance with the laws of the United States of America.
Service Providers We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Analytics We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service is not directed at and is not intended to be visited by minors under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not visit our website or social media sites and do not send or provide us any type of personal information about yourself to Banister or our website. Your California Privacy Rights The California "Shine the Light Law" provides that for any California resident with whom we conduct business may request from us a list from us of certain personal information we may have disclosed to third parties for marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. Transfer of Information to Us Does Not Create a Contractual Relationship of Banister Financial, Inc. to Provide Business Valuation (Appraisal) or Related Services
The transfer of your personal information to us does not create a contractual relationship with Banister Financial, Inc. where we have an obligation to provide you any business valuation (appraisal) or related services, or any services of any kind.
Banister Financial, Inc.
1338 Harding Place, Suite 200 Charlotte, North Carolina 28204 Phone:(704) 334-4932